Sparklife six month review – every article listed
Hello everyone! I have just got back from helping instruct at another dating seminar/bootcamp in London and on preparing to write this week’s update I realised that tomorrow is exactly six months since I posted the very first article here on Sparklife!
- 30 unique articles!
- 247 comments!
- 149 smiley faces! 🙂 …Make that 150!
It has been an immensely enjoyable six months, where I have developed and expanded a lot of my own theories regarding dating and relationships. I hope you have all enjoyed reading what I have written so far.
For this week’s update, to give you all a chance to catch up, I have decided to list every article posted by me here on Sparklife so far, so you can check out ones you may not have read yet…
Relationship and dating articles:
- This first article introduces a bit of background on my experience in teaching within the field of dating and relationships as well as some insights into my initial thoughts on relationship theory.
10 things you can do right now to improve your love life – part 1
- Some general pointers for things you can do to not only improve your love life but also improve yourself in general. I still have to remind myself to do some of these ten things occasionally.
10 things you can do right now to improve your love life – part 2
- The second part to this article contains five additional tips and the sections on smiling and remembering people’s names (a discussion that is explained further in the comments section of the article) are particularly useful.
Dispelling male myths about dating – part 1
- Written in a fairly blunt style but nonetheless does contain interesting points. Of particular interest is a lengthy discussion in the comments section with an intelligent female reader named Flo (arguably better than the article itself).
Dispelling male myths about dating – part 2
- This article continues on from the first part of dispelling male myths about dating. The style is somewhat blunt again but the points about just being yourself and handling rejection are worth reading.
Starting a relationship in the best possible way
- My current writing style is already starting to develop here and this first relationship article contains some great general relationship advice. The metaphor for relationships that I describe in this article I am also notably proud of. Two of my regular and favourite commenters also make their first appearance here.
Steps for finding the perfect partner
- This is the first article I wrote that still consistently gets views and it contains several practical steps for finding the perfect partner.
- This article dissects three common date ideas and explains why they are not ideal. It then reveals the best first date to plan. Also discussed is how and when to kiss on a first date. Another of my favourite commenters adds a good point about kissing in the comments section.
The ONLY way to prevent your partner cheating
- This article remains one of my most popular articles to date, which is pleasing as it is also one of my personal favourites. The structure of first going through common ways couples deal with suspicions of cheating and then finally revealing the only way to prevent your partner cheating works well here. There are several interesting discussions in the comments section of this article too.
Text message flirting guidelines
- Text flirting is one of my favourite dating topics and is something I seem to have gained a positive reputation for across the internet and various online forums. This article gives some general guidelines for text flirting, which is a topic I intend to write more about soon including more real-world examples. The discussions with some female readers in the comments section are also worth reading.
How to get through bad patches in a relationship
- This article explains the main cause of bad emotions in a relationship and then proceeds to give some practical steps for how to get through a bad patch.
- This remains one of Sparklife’s most shared articles using the built in email form and I think this is due to the slightly controversial theme; it is a particularly thought-provoking article. There are some interesting perspectives from a female reader in the comments section too.
Book review: Alec Greven – How to talk to girls
- This is the first product review on the website, which reviews a short dating manual written by a nine-year-old American kid. The review brings up some interesting points about what children are being taught about relationships these days. Included in the article is a cute video interview with the author.
Dealing with your girlfriend getting hit on
- One of the most popular articles on Sparklife and by far the most reader comments. This is definitely worth checking out if you have ever had feelings of jealousy related to your partner. There are lots of questions and answers in the comments section that everyone can probably relate to on some level.
Managing a long distance relationship
- This is a more specialised article that may not be relevant to everyone. Having said that, most relationships experience time apart at some point so there are some good general relationship tips inside even if your relationship isn’t specifically long-distance.
The ONLY reason you should stay in a relationship
- “Are you COMPLETELY satisfied with your current relationship?” is the tagline for this article and it follows the format of explaining common reasons why people stay in subpar relationships before revealing the only reason you should stay in a relationship. Highly recommended reading!
Tips for approaching men or women in everyday life
- This topic is known to be one of my specialities working as a dating coach and this article introduces the idea of approaching strangers in a way that most people can hopefully relate to.
The most important principle in dating
- Continuing with dating advice, this article explains an extremely important principle in dating and discusses various ways to implement it.
10 ways to be the best boyfriend or girlfriend
- At the time of writing this article I remember being really busy with some coaching commitments and felt this article was a bit rushed. As a consequence it is surprising that this remains my joint most popular article in terms of views. This article is quick and easy to read.
Dealing with arguments in a relationship
- One of the most commented on articles on Sparklife. My writing style harnessed a new edge here and I like the way practical advice and theory are interwoven in this article.
Cheating on a partner does not matter
- This is my personal favourite article on the website. I hope the title doesn’t deter people from reading as I think everyone with relationship experience can get something out of this.
- This is a fun dating article that as well as giving movie recommendations, talks about how to act on dates in general, including an informative graph plotting attraction against emotions. There are lots of pleasant reader opinions in the comments section too.
Do you have an ego in your relationship?
- This is often regarded as the best article on the website so far. It took a long time to write and contains many insightful ideas related to the ego. Highly recommended!
Getting your girlfriend or boyfriend to be more sexually expressive
- This is the first wholly sexual article on the website and it proved to be a popular addition in the comments section with readers expanding on some of the ideas mentioned.
The best job for becoming more sociable
- Hopefully readers realise that this article is more about the principle of the suggested job rather than being about the suggested job itself. This article is useful for people wanting to expand their social circles.
10 ways to earn your partner’s respect
- Another list style article that is worth reading to make sure you receive the respect you deserve.
- This is a thought-provoking article that spawned several interesting reader opinions in the comments section. This is a very subjective topic so please feel free to add your own opinions into the mix.
Nice guy or bad boy – find the perfect balance
- This article breaks down the differences between “nice guys” and “bad boys” in an easy to understand way. It explains how we can utilise that knowledge to be the best version of the two.
- An introduction to why phone sex is great in a relationship and some tips on how to initiate and lead it. The comments section includes some practical examples at a reader’s request.
That wraps up this six month review of Sparklife.info. Thank you to everyone who has read, shared and commented on this website during that time and I assure you the content is going to continue to develop so please spread the word and keep visiting yourself. 🙂
I have loved all your articles Sam, so it’s difficult to choose my favourite! I would say one of my favourites would be ‘The best job for becoming more sociable’ because I can relate to it. Another favourite of mine is ‘Why porn is bad and evil’…mainly because it has a photo of you standing next to a giant ‘PORN’ sign : P x x
Aw thanks sweetie! I must say I do rather like that photo in question… We must go to Munich together sometime, where that photo was taken… when it’s not snowing this time brrrrr!! 🙂 xxx
I’m a pretty logical/practical guy so my favorites are the ones with practical advice/steps. So that would be the dealing with arguements article or the approaching more women article that personaly helped me the most7. Only read about half of them so far though so that could of course change 🙂
I do always try and include as many practical tips or theories that can be applied as possible so I’m glad you find them useful. Both of those topics are ones I will be covering in depth again soon so keep a look out. 🙂
for me it is definately your article on how we let our egos affect our relationships. That article helped me a lot and your response to my comment there was also very helpful, thankyou.
I hope the next 6 months here welcomes lots more great writing from you.
Avid reader, Jill
I’m glad you say that as the ego article is the one I am personally most proud of… I just seemed to be in the perfect state when I was writing that!
Thanks for reading over all this time, 🙂
Congratulations. 6 months is a worthy milestone. I’ll have to come back and let you know which one i like the best. I admit to being a little busy lately and not reading you enough! apologies. Your blogs are good, informative and the right mix of practical and ‘sexy’.
Thankyou… It actually seems a lot longer than six months although the time has flown by (hmm contradiction there)! 🙂
No worries about sometimes being too busy to keep up here… Thanks for checking back when you can. 🙂
Hi, I’m a long time reader, first time commenter. I just commented on your age gap article so you know that was me.
For me, my favorite articles of yours are your ones on cheating. As someone who has regretably experienced both sides of cheating, your insights in these articles were wonderful and refreshing for me.
Keep up the good work.
I always love to hear from my readers so thanks for commenting… I loved the quote you left on the article on age gaps in relationships too. 🙂
I’m glad you like the articles. Cheating, although a tender subject at times, is something I enjoy writing about as I know what a common problem it can be for couples. I still have many more notes on the topic so it is likely to feature again soon.
Thanks for your support Joan, 🙂
text message flirting guidelines
Another popular one… and also another topic I have more to write about in the future!
Thanks for sharing, 🙂