Hello everyone! I have just got back from helping instruct at another dating seminar/bootcamp in London and on preparing to write this week’s update I realised that tomorrow is exactly six months since I posted the very first article here on Sparklife!
- 30 unique articles!
- 247 comments!
- 149 smiley faces! 🙂 …Make that 150!
It has been an immensely enjoyable six months, where I have developed and expanded a lot of my own theories regarding dating and relationships. I hope you have all enjoyed reading what I have written so far.
For this week’s update, to give you all a chance to catch up, I have decided to list every article posted by me here on Sparklife so far, so you can check out ones you may not have read yet…
Relationship and dating articles:
- This first article introduces a bit of background on my experience in teaching within the field of dating and relationships as well as some insights into my initial thoughts on relationship theory.
- Some general pointers for things you can do to not only improve your love life but also improve yourself in general. I still have to remind myself to do some of these ten things occasionally.
- The second part to this article contains five additional tips and the sections on smiling and remembering people’s names (a discussion that is explained further in the comments section of the article) are particularly useful.
- Written in a fairly blunt style but nonetheless does contain interesting points. Of particular interest is a lengthy discussion in the comments section with an intelligent female reader named Flo (arguably better than the article itself).
- This article continues on from the first part of dispelling male myths about dating. The style is somewhat blunt again but the points about just being yourself and handling rejection are worth reading.
- My current writing style is already starting to develop here and this first relationship article contains some great general relationship advice. The metaphor for relationships that I describe in this article I am also notably proud of. Two of my regular and favourite commenters also make their first appearance here.
- This is the first article I wrote that still consistently gets views and it contains several practical steps for finding the perfect partner.
- This article dissects three common date ideas and explains why they are not ideal. It then reveals the best first date to plan. Also discussed is how and when to kiss on a first date. Another of my favourite commenters adds a good point about kissing in the comments section.
- This article remains one of my most popular articles to date, which is pleasing as it is also one of my personal favourites. The structure of first going through common ways couples deal with suspicions of cheating and then finally revealing the only way to prevent your partner cheating works well here. There are several interesting discussions in the comments section of this article too.
- Text flirting is one of my favourite dating topics and is something I seem to have gained a positive reputation for across the internet and various online forums. This article gives some general guidelines for text flirting, which is a topic I intend to write more about soon including more real-world examples. The discussions with some female readers in the comments section are also worth reading.
- This article explains the main cause of bad emotions in a relationship and then proceeds to give some practical steps for how to get through a bad patch.
- This remains one of Sparklife’s most shared articles using the built in email form and I think this is due to the slightly controversial theme; it is a particularly thought-provoking article. There are some interesting perspectives from a female reader in the comments section too.
- This is the first product review on the website, which reviews a short dating manual written by a nine-year-old American kid. The review brings up some interesting points about what children are being taught about relationships these days. Included in the article is a cute video interview with the author.
- One of the most popular articles on Sparklife and by far the most reader comments. This is definitely worth checking out if you have ever had feelings of jealousy related to your partner. There are lots of questions and answers in the comments section that everyone can probably relate to on some level.
- This is a more specialised article that may not be relevant to everyone. Having said that, most relationships experience time apart at some point so there are some good general relationship tips inside even if your relationship isn’t specifically long-distance.
- “Are you COMPLETELY satisfied with your current relationship?” is the tagline for this article and it follows the format of explaining common reasons why people stay in subpar relationships before revealing the only reason you should stay in a relationship. Highly recommended reading!
- This topic is known to be one of my specialities working as a dating coach and this article introduces the idea of approaching strangers in a way that most people can hopefully relate to.
- Continuing with dating advice, this article explains an extremely important principle in dating and discusses various ways to implement it.
- At the time of writing this article I remember being really busy with some coaching commitments and felt this article was a bit rushed. As a consequence it is surprising that this remains my joint most popular article in terms of views. This article is quick and easy to read.
- One of the most commented on articles on Sparklife. My writing style harnessed a new edge here and I like the way practical advice and theory are interwoven in this article.
- This is my personal favourite article on the website. I hope the title doesn’t deter people from reading as I think everyone with relationship experience can get something out of this.
- This is a fun dating article that as well as giving movie recommendations, talks about how to act on dates in general, including an informative graph plotting attraction against emotions. There are lots of pleasant reader opinions in the comments section too.
- This is often regarded as the best article on the website so far. It took a long time to write and contains many insightful ideas related to the ego. Highly recommended!
- This is the first wholly sexual article on the website and it proved to be a popular addition in the comments section with readers expanding on some of the ideas mentioned.
- Hopefully readers realise that this article is more about the principle of the suggested job rather than being about the suggested job itself. This article is useful for people wanting to expand their social circles.
- Another list style article that is worth reading to make sure you receive the respect you deserve.
- This is a thought-provoking article that spawned several interesting reader opinions in the comments section. This is a very subjective topic so please feel free to add your own opinions into the mix.
- This article breaks down the differences between “nice guys” and “bad boys” in an easy to understand way. It explains how we can utilise that knowledge to be the best version of the two.
- An introduction to why phone sex is great in a relationship and some tips on how to initiate and lead it. The comments section includes some practical examples at a reader’s request.
That wraps up this six month review of Sparklife.info. Thank you to everyone who has read, shared and commented on this website during that time and I assure you the content is going to continue to develop so please spread the word and keep visiting yourself. 🙂